Forfar Road Runners
Welcome to Forfar Road Runners
Forfar Road Runners exists to provide a framework for runners of all abilities to realise their own personal goals and to achieve their full potential as athletes, through encouragement, companionship and enjoyment. The club meets twice per week and informally during the week for training runs as well as local and national competitions.
Wednesday nights involve training runs of various distances and routes around Forfar or the surrounding countryside. Routes are suitable for all abilities and speeds, if you wish to attend please turn up a little earlier so we can accommodate your needs (and plan a quick route). We are now hosting alternative training sessions which is still going strong through the winter months, which is either hill work or speed training.
Members train in groups with runners of a similar standard and often progress. The groups provide safety, companionship, motivation and guidance for those unfamiliar with the streets of Forfar and the surrounding area.
Benefits of joining the club are:
- Organised, shared transport to running events.
- Advice on training at all levels, from qualified coaches and members.
- Discounts from local Running Shops.
- Newsletter, keeping you up to date with the club and local running scene.
- Entry forms for all the main running events.
- Places for the London Marathon.
- Advice from experienced hill, cross country, marathon, road and track runners.
- Encouragement, motivation, companionship and not least enjoyment.
Wednesday 18:30 at Lochside Leisure Centre (beginners / improvers should be at the Leisure Centre from 18:20)
Sundays 08:30 at Lochside Leisure Centre or 09:00 at Ivy Terrace.
For further information use the contact form